Sligo Chamber Skillnet
Sligo Chamber Skillnet is an enterprise led support body dedicated to enterprise training and workforce development. Established in 2015 to support companies across the North West Region by offering them access to subsidised training in a local setting.
The focus of the Sligo Chamber Skillnet is to communicate with businesses in the North West Region, to listen to their training needs and current and future skill shortages, and to support them by organising training courses which are cost efficient, relevant, convenient, and which deliver results.
Sligo Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies.
The benefits of your company joining Sligo Chamber Skillnet:
- Saving of time and resources – training network organizes training courses on behalf of businesses
- Networking opportunities with businesses in a sector/region
- Creating new business contacts/opportunities
- Sharing of knowledge, ideas, advice and best practice
- Member businesses and their employees are directly involved in the identification, design, delivery, and evaluation of training
Upcoming Courses Include:
- ISO 13485 Lead Auditor
- Front Line Managers Programme
- Project Supervisor Design Process
- Media Training
- Customs Clearance Procedures
- International Trade & Export/Import Documentation
Sligo Chamber Skillnet focuses on supporting those in employment within the region. A number of other Skillnet Networks participate in the Skillnet Ireland Employment Activation programme. This initiative is designed exclusively for unemployed people and includes free training in skills in demand by companies combined with direct access to employers through meaningful work placements. For further information on Skillnet Networks offering free training programmes for those seeking employment, subject to eligibility criteria, see the Skillnet Ireland website. https://www.skillnetireland.ie/about/developing-your-skills/networks-delivering-up-skilling-programmes-for-jobseekers/
Enhancing management capacity, particularly in SMEs, is a national policy imperative and a major priority for Skillnet Ireland and it’s Learning Networks.
The suite of Skillnet Ireland Management Development Programmes are available to help business owners and managers improve business performance and enable businesses achieve better results. Click here for more information. https://www.skillnetireland.ie/management-development/
Please contact our Network manager, Geraldine Courtenay (email@example.com) to discuss your company’s training requirements.