Certificate Of Origin
International Trade Services
What you are exporting and where you are exporting to will play a major role in determining the export documentation that you require. Sligo Chamber are officially authorised by the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade and Chambers Ireland to issue and certify export documentation along with professional advice to experienced and new exporters at every stage of the exporting process. Documentation is a key element and Sligo Chamber can provide indepth servcies for export documentation including
- EC Cerificates of Origin
- Arab-Irish Certificates of Origin
In addition Sligo Chamber provides online certification for EC Certs of Origin for exporters through their partner TradeCert.ie. Availing of this service couldn’t be faster thanks to TradeCert’s online application format. Simply submit your application online and we will email you to confirm approval and you then issue an EC Certificate of Origin right at your own printer.
What is a Certificate of Origin?
A Certificate of Origin is a document attesting that goods in a particular export shipment are wholly obtained or produced or manufactured or processed in a particular country (country of origin). Virtually every country in the world considers the origin of imported goods when determining what duty will be assessed on the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be legally imported at all.
Certificates of Origin are intended solely to prove the origin of goods in order to satisfy customs or trade requirements. Certificates of Origin should only be issued when they are actually needed, for example, in the following circumstances;
- To meet customs requirements in the importing state
- The customer/buyer/importer (consignee) requires it
- To meet ‘quota’ or statistical requirements imposed by the importing country
- To comply with the banking or trade finance requirements / letters of credit
The main forms of Certificates of Origin are:
- European Certificate of Origin
- Arab-Irish Certificate of Origin
- EUR 1 Movement Certificates
- ATR Movement Certificates (for European Community trade with Turkey)
Help your business grow internationally by taking advantage of our unique contacts abroad and export services.