Corporate Governance TrainingDate: 29 Jan 2018
Time: 09:30 - 17:30
Location: Sligo Chamber Of Commerce
This is an intensive, interactive and high energy 1 day training on Corporate Governance which aims to inform participants on the implications of becoming a board member and help you to be able to perform your role as a board member more effectively. It will also focus on the attributes that make a SMART Board.
This is a highly collaborative and stimulating programme. Participants will be solving real life case studies, discussing the implications of the latest articles and videos on Corporate Governance.
Who Should Attend?
• Chairs and non-executive directors of organisations
• CEOs, COOs, CFOs and other executives such as company secretaries and compliance officers
• Family members and controlling shareholders of boards of family companies
• Directors/Board Member of non-profit organisations, sports and community organisations
• Partners of professional firms who advise on corporate governance.
• Individuals with aspirations of becoming a Board member.
• Gain a deeper understanding of the Corporate Governance Framework and how it might work for your organisation
• Gain insights into the recent developments in Ireland’s Corporate Governance landscape
• Understand Corporate Governance challenges
• Understand how a board works and learn how to assess Board performance
• Understand Directors Duties and what Directors need to think about
• Learn about the common mistakes that Boards make and how to avoid them
• Understand the importance of Risk Management in this new global age
• Share experiential knowledge with fellow participants
• Board Evaluations
• The course will also include a number of case studies and videos and will be very practical.
Date: Monday 29th January 2018
Time: 9.00am – 5.30pm
About the Facilitator
The workshop Leader and Facilitator David W. Duffy FCA is the founder of Governance-Online.com.
David has served on multiple boards in various sectors and has reviewed the performance of over 60 boards. His most recent publications include “A Practical Guide to Corporate Governance” and “A Practical Guide for Company Directors”, both published by Chartered Accountants Ireland.