About The Sligo Chamber
Sligo Chamber is the largest business membership organisation in the North West of Ireland, representing over 200 businesses and organisations in Sligo City and County. The Chamber was formed in response to local business needs and operates under the direction of a voluntary Council representing business from all sections of the community. Sligo Chamber is accredited to Chambers Ireland, Ireland’s largest business network with 60 member chambers representing 13,000 businesses on the island of Ireland. The Chamber is based in Quay Street in Sligo City. The Quay Street Office is owned by the Chamber.
Sligo City and County Internationally recognised as a place where the economic and social aspirations of its people are met through the collaborative and sustainable development of its Human, Natural, Economic and Cultural resources.
Sligo Chamber of Commerce & Industry will promote the long term economic development of Sligo City and County in partnership with the relevant national, regional and local bodies and agencies in order to create, maintain and develop an environment and infrastructure in County Sligo which is conducive to the development of local business, industry and commerce. Sligo Chamber will provide a range of effective and efficient services to enable the business community to grow, develop and gain competitive advantage, and to attract new industry, commerce and investment to the County.
Sligo Chamber’s Values
- Reliability: Sligo Chamber will always operate in an open, trustworthy and accountable manner, and will focus all its activities on “Helping Sligo Grow”.
- Productiveness: Sligo Chamber is committed towards the creation of employment and economic value, through the mobilisation of its shared intellectual and other resources to address public problems and enhancing local economic vitality.
- Effectiveness: Sligo Chamber will provide internal and external programmes and services at the highest quality and reasonable cost that will make a difference to its members and the wider community.
- Responsiveness: Sligo Chamber will seek and respond to the common needs of our members, pursuing innovative approaches where needed at a local, regional and national level.
- Respectfulness: Sligo Chamber respects the views of all those who share in our core remit to “Help Sligo Grow” and will demonstrate respect, dignity, tolerance and understanding to all those with whom it interacts.
- Inclusivity: Sligo Chamber is mindful of its role within the public, private and voluntary realm in County Sligo. Sligo Chamber will work in collaboration with all such bodies in an inclusive manner to “Help Sligo Grow”.
What Sligo Chamber can do for you
- Increase your company’s brand profile – through the largest networking organisation in the North West
- Generate leads and sales – through a variety of networking opportunities
- Be represented by us as we advocate for enhanced infrastructural support
- Market and promote your business – through our website, online media, newsletters and sponsorship opportunities
- Extend your contacts base – through formal and informal networking
- Acquire new ideas – at a variety of business-specific seminars, workshops and events
- Avail of expert advice and information – International Trade Services etc.